Ilze Ruska is professional latvian animator and graphic artist.
She also works as an animation teacher and animation workshops organizer both here in Latvia and abroad.
Her animation teaching experience includes:
* teaching digital animation in Riga “Young Engineers Center”,
* leading animation studio in Riga at The Centre of Creative Learning “Annas 2”.
As an Animator, Animation director, Character Design artist, Situation & Background artist and Storyboard Designer she had contributed to creation of animation films in several animation film studios.
As an animator she has participated in such world famous films of Latvian animation film studio RIJA as:
* Lote from inventors village (2007)
* Belleville Rendez-vous (2004)(Les Triplettes de Belleville) – nominated for Oscar and highly praised by audiences and critics
* Kirikou et la sorciere (1999) – Best Animated Feature Film, Annecy International Animated Film Festival 1999
She also had worked on same roles in Latvian animation film studio DAUKA.
She was the only animator in these two films:
- So What ?
In next five films she participated as an animation team member:
- Pussycats Mill
- FANTADROME – The Contest
- FANTADROME – Ice Cream
Animation clips presented in the animation clips section of this website comes mostly as a result of her work for several commercials studios and agencies.
Ilze had worked two years as an illustrator for children magazine “Spuris” as well as illustrated several books.
She helds a degree of Bachelor of Psychology and Pedagogy works and lives both in Riga and Gauja with her husband, dog and two cats.